 CAD / Development / 363
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:00:16 GMT

Paul Gyugyi wrote in message <36D65C66.E5F7A69@gyugyi.com>...
I recall hearing once that the chrome parts had to be made from a different
mold than non-chrome parts because the coating added some thickness.
So on the chrome version, e.g. the plastic studs would be a little smaller.
Also, I'd expect molds for transparent pieces to be slightly different due • to
the different type of plastic, which might require a different • part/tracking
number.
-gyug

This is certainly true with metallic elements, but with clear I don't think
so since ABS resin or any plastic resin I've seen is basic clear amber
colors.  To get color ( colour ) you have to add pigment.  Sometime the
pigment will change the melt temperature slightly, but not that it is
noticable to most.

Roy