 CAD / Development / 364
Re: Modeling without the real element -- bad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:24:04 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...

What we're talking about here is someone carelessly modeling something • without
the actual element in hand -- that's not roundoff, but pure guessing.  And
guessing Wrong.

It's one thing to omit detail -- it's quite another thing for a measurement • to
be off by 4 LDU when it could just as well be right on target.

Whoa, big boy.  Calling someone careless when they are doing the best they
can is pretty ... oh how did you put it... ah, yes... anal-retentive.  Shall
that be "mother's milk" or "milk of mag".  The point is point to the errors
without pointing at the author.  The author in this case has been pretty
restrained about commenting IMO.  We all want LDraw to move forward, but not
at the expense of losing a promising new parts author.  Hell, at least he
has done some authoring.  If want to kick someone kick me because I'm to
lazy too do it myself.  Show a little respect, sheez.

Roy