 CAD / Development / 316
Re: Modeling without the real element -- bad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:31:28 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote

Indeed.

In fact -- and maybe I'm reading too much into this -- but I'm surprised • that
there isn't a strict rule against submitting parts that have been modeled
without having them in front of you.  (Mock-ups noted as such being a valid
exception, right?)

Terry:  Is that correct?  Is there not currently a rule against submitting
parts that have not been painstakingly measured from a real element?

I think you should flat-out reject all parts submitted by people who • haven't
measured the dimensions and haven't worked from an actual element.  It's • just
wrong to model them without the real element in front of you.

Any station this net ... any staion this net ... is this thing working?  Can
anybody hear me?  Darn thing must be on the blink again.  Any station this
net this Romeo Oscar Yankee.  I say again Romeo Oscar Yankee,  I am sending
blind and in the clear, message is the following....Victor Oscar Tango Echo
... I say again, Victor Oscar Tango Echo ... over and out.

If Jonathan has the energy to model parts, but not the will to purchase • them,
then perhaps we can send Jonathan parts via snail mail.  IMHO, no one • should
be working blind

Great idea!  Whatcha gonna send 'im first thare pard?

Roy