 CAD / Development / 362
Re: Modeling without the real element -- bad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:46:14 GMT

lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:

Why wouldn't rejecting flawed parts improve the quality of the parts?
It's not like they'd never get in -- they'd just get fixed right
away.

Sure, but it's not like the modelers are payed to make the parts.
Personally, my motivation for making a new part is the enjoyment I feel
from being able to use it in a model.  But, to take the part 32140.DAT
as an example agian, this motivation does not cover fixing this part
beyond what has been done with earlier parts, like 571.DAT.

So reject the part 32140.DAT because it does not look like the real one
(it doesn't!) and I wouldn't spend the effort to make it look better.
It's not worth it.

Fredrik