 CAD / Development / 323
Re: Modeling without the real element -- bad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 23:36:13 GMT

people are saying that some of the parts i have made are very complex.
which ones are being refered to?

i deliberatly attempted simple parts like the magnifying glass, signal holder
(i pulled the face from the metal detector) etc.

i attempted the raised baseplate because i wanted to do ice station odyssey and
others and i figured that there would be enough information on the instructions
for sets that used the baseplate to interpolate the dimentions.

the baseplate has the needs work tag for 2 reasons. the studs in the pit: some
need to be removed but i do not know which ones. perhaps someone with the part
can help?

also the underside should be hollow.

the part is currently in a usable state. if i wanted a mock-up i would not have
spent a couple of hours making the part, i would have made a fake element from
bricks,slopes etc.