 CAD / Development / 561
Re: [3068 with groove] (was:DAT voting page up)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:01:06 GMT

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:47:56 GMT, "Selçuk <teyyareci>"
<sgore@nospam.superonline.com> wrote:

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message <19990302.220734.5095.6.braml@juno.com>...
Here's another:
3062  brick 1 x 1 round
3 versions- no lip at the bottom, closed stud, and open stud.
--Bram

Don't go that far, even regular rectangular bricks has several different
versions. My oldest ones has slits through under side tubes...And there are
the other ones without slits, but with thin suspenders, still underside,
between the tubes and walls...And there are also the ones that not having
both slits and suspenders...And the newest one...the one with thinner side
walls...And , yes, I know those are not the "functional" ones from any point
of view (other then *anal* point of view maybe..:-)

But the changes like the one made in "1x1 plate with clip light" are much
more important, and both should be represented in part library, since two
different types can be used in completely different ways (I remember a
posting to the L-CAD list from Karim Nassar pointing about this issue, in
the past).

The changes in the 1x1 cylinder brick are functional -- with the bottom
lip, the cylinder will fit between 4 studs, and with the hole-y stud,
you can put an antenna rod through the cylinder.

Another functional (but less important) varied piece: 4215, the 1x4x3
panel (ie, 'thin wall').  Sometimes, this piece has holes, tabs, and
dimples on the ends, so you can attach window panes like 3854 (hinged
half-window) and 3855 (glass full-window).  Other times, 4215 has no
holes, tabs, or dimples.

BTW, the holes, tabs, and dimples are set up so the window-pane is at a
90-degree angle to the panel.  I guess this would be useful on the back
of a LEGOLand truck, where you'd have two panels as the sides of the
truck, to provide opening doors.

Steve