 CAD / Development / 369
Re: DAT voting page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:55:06 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
Without the actual element in front of you, how can you be 100% sure that
you've actually fixed the problem?

also i added a missing stud at the edge next to the ramp.

Have you asked yourself why you missed this in the first place?

You can't.  Even with a part in hand you can't because how do you know every
part thru the ages is the same.  A case in point, I just did an inventory of
all the parts I have and found two 45 1 x 2 slopes that do not have the the
internal dowel that fits between the studs of the ajoining part.  LDraw
doesn't have this.  Is it right or wrong to not have it modeled that way?
IMO its not if that part has no separate function different from the LDraw
part, but if it does that's another story.  There is always a certain amount
of uncertainty involved with LDraw, but we move forward toward a better day
none the less.

Quit kicking I'm already dead.

Roy