 CAD / Development / 269
Re: DAT voting page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:01:07 GMT

Steve Bliss writes:

2919.dat Electric Train Light Prism  1 x  4
- Appears to be missing lines where Y-arms meet center.

In real life the joins between the curved surfaces are smoothed. I approximated
this by drawing the cylinders, but missing out the junction lines you refer to.
It is a tricky part to model accurately and has no possible use (IMHO) except
inside its matching holder (no studs or stud holes to fit onto anything else).
The inaccurate regions don't show when it is inside the holder.

I'm happy to see a "needs work" epithet added - but that work would not be high
on my priority list, I'm afraid.

Chris Dee