 CAD / Development / 234
Re: DAT voting page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:39:51 GMT

Terry Keller writes:
The first vote announced on lugnet.cad.dev:
http://hugin.risoe.dk/JJ_Memorial/voting/datvote.html

-- Terry K --
A big update - and welcome to some new names - great work.

I have some comments on the new parts:

Airport Runway baseplates (606p33, 608p33) and Crosswalk Baseplate (425p01)
These appear to have been authored by concurrently defining the white lines and
the grey surface, so they do not always render correctly. I have been careful
in my decorated parts (with guidance from Steve Bliss) to avoid defining the
same surface more than once. For decorated parts it is generally not
appropriate merely to overlay the base part with the decoration.

Inflatable Dinghy (30086)

Is this all one part, or is 30086 the number of the lower part? There seems to
be a join line, so I suspect this is made of two separate, but inseparable,
parts.
On the underside the joining lines between the front transverse cylinder and
the diagonal cylinders seem to be missing.

Boat Bow Plate (2621)

I think there should be vertical lines along the edge where the surfaces meet.

Container Box Door with Fireman Logo (80394)
Hose Reel holder with Fire Logo Pattern (81038)

The pattern is modelled above the surface - I think it should be part of the
surface.
The orange colour flame on the box door is shown in yellow.

Minifig Knife (70749)

The angle of the blade tip seems slightly wrong - maybe just a needs work tag?

Minifig Underwater Scooter (30092)

Where the blades of the "propellor" meet the inside of the surrounding octagon,
joining lines appear to be missing.

Roadsign Clip-on (x890)

Shouldn't this be modelled in its "natural" orientation - vertically?

Slope brick 33 3 x 2 with Pink Triangles (3298p66)

LDraw is unable to render dithered colours in a main part file - I think the
pink triangles need to be moves to a subfile in \s.

Slope brick 45 2 x 2 with Airplane control Panel Pattern (3039p01)

The image seems to be reversed - on the central dial the needle should be at 2
o'clock, not 10 o'clock.

Tile 2 x 2 Round with Archery target pattern (81174)

On my example of this the red circle is much smaller, there are four breaks in
the outer blue ring and the blue ring not not extend to the edge.

Pull back motor

Are the wheels fixed to the motor, and if so should they be modelled in red,
regardless of the colour of the main part?

Chris Dee