 CAD / Development / 377
Re: DAT voting page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:30:56 GMT

Roy Earls writes:
Todd Lehman wrote in message ...

The 2x2x2 crystal ball is not like a tile because tiles have little finger
grooves going all around the bottom edge, and the crystal ball does not.

Old version tiles didn't have these grooves and LDraw, to my knowledge,
doesn't model it because of precision.  Case in point ...

hmmm... i never noticed that before.. that the LDraw model of 3068 (as
well as other tiles) doesn't have the fingernail groove around the edge...
although i say that's BS.. in my opinion (looking at a couple stacked here on
the desk, up against various plates, etc) it looks like that edge is 1LDU in
height/depth.. that could be edited into the part in like 10 minutes.. why
AREN'T we using them??? there's no "precision" issue that i see... hmmm... i
think i'll throw an edited version terry's way and see what he thinks... never
too late to update...