 CAD / Development / 469
Re: Soccer ball name
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:50:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, leonardo@centroin.com.br (Leonardo Zide) writes:
[...]
PS: Todd, when I hit the "reply to all" button, Netscape sends a message
to you and another one to lugnet. Do you get 2 copies of the same
message ?

I only get the one copy -- the one you e-mail to me (assuming it makes it to
me OK, which is highly probable but not guaranteed).  I also see a copy of the
article you posted when I read via NNTP.

If I were reading lugnet.cad.dev via e-mail instead of NNTP, then I would
receive two copies via e-mail, one from you and one from the server (assuming
that both copies made it to me OK).

If you select "reply to all" you may want to delete the poster's name from the
address list before sending, so that it only goes to the group.  Note that
there is no way (AFAIK) to set SMTP message headers to give a "reply to group"
option without making Reply-To reply to the group by default, which is
dangerous.

--Todd

[followups set to lugnet.admin.general]