 CAD / Development / 266
Re: DAT voting page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 18:08:59 GMT

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:24:30 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36d42e85.12776501@lugnet.com>...
Here are some notes on pieces I've looked at.  I'll post more after I've
looked at the others.  I'm not claiming I've done a complete review of
everything, just looked at some parts in different views, scanned the
code for obvious anomolies.

Steve

2524.dat Minifig Backpack
- needs to be rotated 180-degrees on Y

You are correct.  I designed it this way so people could see the pack when
viewed from the front, but for actually placing it on a minifig it should be
turned around, like the airtanks.

I can understand that -- those thin-wall parts with decoration drive me
crazy, because the decoration isn't visible in the default view.

2574.dat [category?] Pull-Back Motor
- Could be put in Freestyle category, except (a) It's Basic, not
  Freestyle and (b) everything already in Freestyle should be moved to
  Doors or Windows.  I suppose Car would be the most likely existing
  category, or make a new Mechanical category.

Car or "Electric"--I know it's not really electric, but it goes well with
the other motors in that category.  I'm don't care much where it ends up.

I thought about Electric, and I'd be OK with that.

2621.dat Boat Bow Plate 10 x  9

I don't think this plate belongs in the Boat category, since it could have
many other uses.  Maybe "Wedge 10 X  9 plate (boat bow)" or even in the
Plate category.

I followed the naming precedent from #2625, Boat Bow Plate  6 x  7.  I
could have followed #2413, Wing  4 x  9.  But 2625 is obviously a closer
precedent.  Personally, I'd put them all in the Wing category (along
with complete and partial octagon plates).  If Terry wants to move 2625,
I'm ok with renaming 2621.

2621.dat  Wing 10 x  9
2625.dat  Wing  6 x  7

Steve