 CAD / Development / 263
Re: DAT voting page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:02:44 GMT

Here are some notes on pieces I've looked at.  I'll post more after I've
looked at the others.  I'm not claiming I've done a complete review of
everything, just looked at some parts in different views, scanned the
code for obvious anomolies.

Steve

2524.dat Minifig Backpack
- needs to be rotated 180-degrees on Y

2552.dat Baseplate 32 x 32 Raised with Ramp (needs work)
- I don't have this piece, but is the bottom really solid?  If not, I'd
   rather have a part with no inside than having a false bottom.

2574.dat [category?] Pull-Back Motor
- Should the wheels be hard-coded red? (Sounds familiar)
- Could be put in Freestyle category, except (a) It's Basic, not
   Freestyle and (b) everything already in Freestyle should be moved to
   Doors or Windows.  I suppose Car would be the most likely existing
   category, or make a new Mechanical category.

2621.dat Boat Bow Plate 10 x  9
- Missing vertical lines on underside
- Missing author's e-mail address

2919.dat Electric Train Light Prism  1 x  4
- Appears to be missing lines where Y-arms meet center.

3004P01.DAT Brick  1 x  2 with Computer Screen and Buttons Pattern
- Where has this part appeared? (I'm curious if I might have one)
- Is the 'text' actually transparent?
- needs to use 'brick without front code', like from 3004prc.dat,
   instead of referencing 3004.dat.

30086.dat Boat  8 x 12 Inflatable Dinghy
- Is it advisable to use the word 'inflatable'?
- Wow! This part really rocks!
- Lines on the underside front don't line up (the flat area
   between the slanted cylinders).

30092.dat Minifig Underwater Scooter
- Some edge-line artifacts on handle.  Instead of using 4-4cyli
   for all of handle, use 2-4cyli at top and bottom.

30106.dat Castle Crystal Ball
- Not to be harsh, but this is a mock-up, not a candidate for a parts
   update.  It's just a sphere and 2x2 round tile.
- Find another category for it.  Minifig, probably.

30152.dat Minifig Tool Magnifying Glass
- Not to be harsh, but this is a mock-up, not a candidate for a parts
   update.
- There's no thickness on the ring around the glass.  It's just a
   cylinder primitive.
- The 4-4edge.dat's on the ring are color 47, s/b 16.
- The glass s/b convex, not flat.  Could either use a flattened 4-8sphe
   or some cones.

30182.dat Slope Brick 45  4 x  4
- I don't have one of these, but it needs teeth (and tubes?)