 CAD / Development / 563
Re: More parts feedback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:06:22 GMT

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> writes:

The problem I see with this name is that the tread pieces are in no way
similar to the current Technic Link.

This is a good point, yes.  I did not consider this.

I originally thought it would be a good idea to use "Technic Link" as
the first two words in the description, to make them sort next to each
other, then add "Chain" and "Tread" respectively to identify them.

Now, you've made me realize that the current part "2637.DAT Technic Link
16L" clutters this concept.  Putting these three parts in the same
category should indeed be avoided.  Thanks for making me aware of this.

I think Technic Tread should be the first two words the description,
then add whatever will best identify the two parts.

You mean something like

    Technic Tread Chain Link
    Technic Tread  0.6 x  2.6

I don't think I like this too much.

I think perhaps that "Technic Chain" would be better?  Perhaps

    Technic Chain Link
    Technic Chain Tread  0.6 x  2.6

But I'm not a native English speaker, so I may be wrongly biased.

Alternatively, the Technic Link could be renamed, as that name is not
very descriptive of the part.

Perhaps, yes.  There is a part called "2739.DAT Technic Steering Link"
which looks much like the "2637.DAT Technic Link 16L".  Perhaps these
two should be put in the same category somehow?

Fredrik