 CAD / Development / *8675 (-100)
  Re: FAQ for Part Reviewers (was: Re: BFC and Primitives)

(...) I think so, too. (...) If it's alright with Damien, I will add it. (...) I just put one together earlier today. (URL). Steve (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: FAQ for Part Reviewers (was: Re: BFC and Primitives)

(...) [snip] This is great info/advice! Can this be included in a "reviewer FAQ"? (Is there one already?) (...) Yes, yes! Please remember that, even after a part has been certified & included in the official parts library *it can still be (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Numbers...

(...) Ignoring the new parts which will be added in the meantime 8?) ROSCO (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Numbers...

Good statistics, just one note... (...) You should really comb through the lists, and count how many files we've released multiple times in the last 4 updates. We wouldn't want to count duplicates in the averages... Steve (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Numbers...

Here's the current numbers from the Parts Tracker..... From the "Parts List" page: Parts (443 files) Subparts (114 files) Primitives (42 files) 48-Segment Primitives (20 files) (Total: 619) From the "Certification List" page: 20 certified files. 48 (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: FAQ for Part Reviewers (was: Re: BFC and Primitives)

(...) My hints to new and more part reviewers Because it is claimed that reviewers are highly qualified people, some potential volunteers may be intimidated. I was also at first. I am not a part author and even less a highly qualified people (in (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  [Parts Tracker] Reviewing Parts FAQ

I took the current information available from the Parts Tracker, and the recent discussions in this group, and put together a quick FAQ page about reviewing parts. Please let me know what you think! I will be happy to receive any and all Edits, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) I forgot complication #3: 3. If the file you are reviewing has an embedded transparent area, you won't be able to check the BFC'ness of any surface viewed *through* the transparent area. You can fall back on viewing the part with mytest6 (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Requesting another plug-in for LDDesignPad

(...) Ah, I see what you mean (or I think I do)! I don't have the time to try it out right now, but I look forward to trying this. Thanks! --Ryan (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: FAQ for Part Reviewers (was: Re: BFC and Primitives)

(...) I think no. If it were so, it would stifle input from those who want to help, but have never (yet?) authored a part. I understand that one who is a parts author would possibly have a better eye for detail in reviewing; it would merely need to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss writes: [snipped ludicrously useful tip for BFC checking] (...) Uh, increase the standard day to 48 hours??????? 8?) ROSCO (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: FAQ for Part Reviewers (was: Re: BFC and Primitives)

(...) I think "have to be" is a bit strong, however "highly recommended" would be good if you can squeeze it in there somehow 8?) I know I learnt a lot about reviewing (and authoring!) from the comments I got from other reviewers about parts I've (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  FAQ for Part Reviewers (was: Re: BFC and Primitives)

(...) It was pointed out to me, offline, that one key question not addressed in the FAQ is this: "Do you have to be a part author to be a part reviewer?" What do you all think about this? Yes? No? Have No Idea? LMK. Steve (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) I don't think you're alone in feeling this way, Ryan. So, are you ready to sign up as a reviewer now? :) (...) Hmm. I could add a link to my .sig file... Seriously, if anyone has more info for the Parts Tracker FAQ, I'd be happy to add it to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Requesting another plug-in for LDDesignPad

(...) Actually, you could try this. First scale your primitives by 0.64. Then scale the parts by 0.64. Then fix the primitives inside the parts by rescaling the type 1 lines that pull in the primitives by 1.5625. I just tried this with ldglite on (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Requesting another plug-in for LDDesignPad

(...) Ah, I see your problem. You want to rescale the primitives internally, and not rescale them in the type 1 lines where they're included by the part files. If you were on linux, you could probably do this by adding a few lines of code to the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Requesting another plug-in for LDDesignPad

Steve and Don, Thanks for the replies. I didn't know how to do that! Unfortunately, not only do I have to remake the _parts_(for which those tips would be useful), I have to recalculate the _primitives_, and your suggestions don't work on (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Error in Technic axle extender?

(...) *ahem* All rotated and BFC'ed, here's the part you've all been waiting for: (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Requesting another plug-in for LDDesignPad

(...) You can do this with existing tools, here are a couple of ways. They're manual, but not as bad as doing it by hand.... 1. Open the file in Excel (or some other spreadsheet). Use formula cells to calculate the new component values. Replace the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Requesting another plug-in for LDDesignPad

(...) Make a one line file for each of them that scales by 0.64, and then use the inliner to pass the scale through to the part. eg. Make this: 1 16 0 0 0 0.64 0 0 0 0.64 0 0 0 0.64 knexpart.ldr Then run an inliner and save the results. (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Optimising piece use (Was: LDraw.org MOTM/SOTM voting for March is open)

(...) I spent some time thinking about this yesterday. If we look at the problem of substituting the 1×1 plates with larger pieces as an optimisation problem, then we have to define a good "energy function" to describe the quality of various piece (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Error in Technic axle extender?

(...) That's the beauty of the Ldraw parts library (and open-source in general) - when it matters enough, it'll get done 8?) ROSCO (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Requesting another plug-in for LDDesignPad

Carsten and other Delphi programmers, I wish I could make some calculations in my K'nex part files to bring them all down to standard LDraw scale (right now they are much larger compared to the Lego parts). I would like to multiply all the points in (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Error in Technic axle extender?

(...) What was the resolution on this? Any hope of getting a version that matches the "new" one? Usually you can just fudge it by rotating 45 degrees anyway, but once in a while it matters. (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts tracker - how do I get in touch with a reviewer?

"Franklin W. Cain" <fwcain@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gt1qBF.DG6@lugnet.com... (...) It still took time and patience to get the patterns right, and you did so many! I couldn't have created some of my models without those parts. (...) I sort of (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Parts tracker - how do I get in touch with a reviewer?

(...) Thanks for the vote of confidence. But, seriously, when I really took a good look at those minifig heads (in real life), I said, "Hey! These look *really* similar! Once I do this one, I can make just a few changes and I'll have this one, then (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

(...) I'm using Netscape 4.7... Thanks, Franklin (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: new rounded slopes...

(...) Here are the parts (plus a couple of extra). 41747 - Wedge 2 x 6 Double Right (URL) - Wedge 2 x 6 Double Left (URL) - Wedge 2 x 6 Double Inverted Right (URL) - Wedge 2 x 6 Double Inverted Left (URL) - Wedge 6 x 8 x 2 Triple (URL) - Wedge 6 x 8 (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 3 OpenGL bugs: 2 fixed, 1 left

(...) My hard disk almost never spins down in OS X. (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: 3 OpenGL bugs: 2 fixed, 1 left

(...) Looking forward to it with great anticipation. I find myself still stuck in Mac OS 9 most of the time on my laptop, so I haven't really used ldglite (I need OS X hard disk sleep options--IBM's travelstar gets louder and louder the more it (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  3 OpenGL bugs: 2 fixed, 1 left

Oops. I had this problem, the depth buffer was not working in OpenGL BrickDraw3D. Everything was drawn on top, in order of calling. I needed to put depth into this attrib list: GLint attrib[] = { AGL_RGBA, AGL_DEPTH_SIZE, 16, AGL_NONE }; before (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

"Carsten Schmitz" <casz@gmx.de> wrote in message news:Gt0JDo.JJ6@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks for the details. I've replied by email, and I'll get the part fixed soon :) Dan (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

Hey, thats my old reviewer name. I will write you email. Carsten "Daniel Crichton" <danielc@helio.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Gt0FB7.C68@lugnet.com... (...) The (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Parts tracker - how do I get in touch with a reviewer?

I've got a part in the tracker that has a certify vote and a hold vote. The hold vote says that the part has 2 overlapping triangles. I need to get in touch with the reviewer to find out what triangles overlap - I've run the part through LDView and (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Track Designer Parts Library?

(...) Trains is as good a place as any, and there was a thread in lugnet.cad as well... but the subgroup probably isn't ideal. TD files and LD files have no relationship whatever so you would not get updates to your TD registry by installing new LD (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Track Designer Parts Library?

OK, so I have exhumed my copy of Track Designer, and find that I don't seem to have the latest parts library. Do I download the latest Ldraw library and expand it into my TD directory? Does anyone have a current (i.e. monorail & baseplates) library (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: What is the state of LMPL proposal?

(...) KACS is working, as I know, but he has other tasks too. We must be patient; he is often slow, but the result worths the time. (Damien, would you be so kind to forward this mail to the group? It needs a lot of work to respond on the website (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: creating 'real' technic builing instructions

(...) Sorry about the delay, but I didn't realize that ldgview was actually ldglite until I got your email. I emailed a response (well actually 2 reponses) and here's the text just in case anyone else is interested. I know I'm interested in how this (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

Steve Bliss wrote: [snip] (...) Hi, Steve! I wonder if the lack of reviewers has anything to do with not knowing what to do or how to do it. This is exactly my case. I would be willing to help out with the parts reviewing process and help get parts (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) Actually, checking the BCF-ness of a file is very easy -- open the file in L3Lab, zoom in as necessary, and click the Test | mytest6 menu option. The 'mytest6' option colors all polygons according to their wrapping: Green - front side of (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Self-Certifications

(...) It seems to go in waves. Sometimes there won't be any activity for awhile, and sometimes we'll see a lot of postings in a day or few. I'm guessing part of the current lull is I'm falling behind in admin reviews. I hope to get more caught up (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Self-Certifications

Hello Chris, (...) Nice that you did this experiment.. On the long run it would be nice if you did not only remove the self-certifications but also review other parts instead. There won't be any throughput when nobody is reviewing any parts... and (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) Correct polygon wrapping and CW or CCW orientation are highly desirable. I am just sorry I am not one of the "expert" reviewers that ldraw.org needs. Having more reviewers involved in LDraw tools would be much better. Damien (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

Since there was never any response from reviewers who affirmed that they would help review these files if I submitted them, I'll hold off on this project for now. Which is too bad -- one of the key parts of BFC compliance is to wrap polygons (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Some part questions

(...) Yes, they are official files. The parts\s\ directory is for 'subparts', or sections of objects, as needed by part authors. (...) We're working on that. Search for "BFC" in the .cad groups. (...) Yes, it would be very nice if this information (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Some part questions

Hi all, I was wondering are those parts in the <LDRAW>\parts\s dir official parts? Because there are some very strange parts there. Why not add some sort of triangle and rectangle facing information, so all polygrams can be assigned clockwise (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  What is the state of LMPL proposal?

Is it deferred or still coming soon? Damien (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  creating 'real' technic builing instructions

hi there, I'm working on a tool which creates 'real' building instructions for the old technic-models from dat-files . that means: 1. building a html-page 2. with the 'black and yellow' bars at the right and left border 3. with the 'new' parts (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) This was an issue during the BFC Thread Wars. We figured there were basically two ways to resolve the issue: 1. Make two versions of each primitive, an "outer facing" and an "inner facing". Each BFC'ed part file would need to use the correct (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) I have a question. Given that the cylinder primitives (among others) are used in situations where they are either the inner surface or the outer, won't adding BFC information to them cause problems? --Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) You have to calculate a vertex normal in order to do lighting. However, it doesn't have to be the correct normal if your rendering engine supports 2-sided lighting (like OpenGL does). In this case, calculating a normal that points backwards (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

Also, I believe, that no matter whether you use Back Face Culling or not, Having the vertices wound correctly in the DAT files is still a good thing. In the absence of a standard winding, then Documenting in each part the way the polygons are wound (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for February 2002 (belated)

(...) Both winners are very interesting! Congratulations to both. I hope you still receive as many contestants in the future LDraw MOTM and SOTM contests. Fredrik (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for February 2002 (belated)

Hello, Sorry about the delay, but I've been sick for the last week. :-( So I apologize to everyone, especially the winners, which are; MOTM: Jeremy Sproat for "Icosahedron", his fascinating exercise in hinged complexity. SOTM: Rick Hallman for (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  ldraw.org MOTM voting MISTAKE - read this if you've voted.

Whoops, I made a mistake. Somehow, I managed to put Anders Isaksson's scene entry into the model category. Then, because I was sick, I didn't check email which would have allowed me to catch the mistake earlier. (why do things like this happen at (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ** MLCAD V2.12 **

It's working correctly now. Sorry for any bother. Must've been a problem on my end... Best regards, --Ryan (...) a (...) right? (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  On Hiatus

Hi everyone - I just thought I'd post to say that I am leaving LUGNET for a while. I never understood why people leave this place to take breathers until this week, but believe me when I say I need a BIG one. The problems, the garbage here is just (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.trains.org.niltc) !!

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) rights to access the faq directory. :\ (...) Could you, would you, post the text from this item, or maybe even email me the FAQ document? I'd appreciate it. Steve (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

Hi. Damien Guichard wrote: > I quote Michael Lachmann, from MLCad file ReleaseNotes.txt: > > Beginning with release V2.00 MLCad does no longer support BFC. > However the metacommand itself is still supported but has no effect on > drawing (BFC - (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

I quote Michael Lachmann, from MLCad file ReleaseNotes.txt: Beginning with release V2.00 MLCad does no longer support BFC. However the metacommand itself is still supported but has no effect on drawing (BFC - BackFaceCulling was an experiment on (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) Some of those tools ( I know MLCad can use them ) already support them. On top of that those are not the only tools around! (...) This is just not true. In my program it make a big deal. In general, anytime you can quickly narrow down the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: BFC and Primitives

(...) IMHO, i don't consider BFC statements as an important ldraw issue, for following reasons: 1. Popular tools do not use these statements (including LDraw, MLCad, LDView and L3P & POV-ray). L3Lab use them but L3Lab is superceded by LDView both in (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

(...) I tried using Netscape 6, and I couldn't duplicate your problem. I'll keep my eye on this. Steve (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  BFC and Primitives

Dear All (but mostly PT Reviewers), I'd like to update all the current primitive files to be BFC compliant. This wouldn't be a huge task, at least for the geometric primitives (boxes, circles, discs, rings, cones, cylinders, and torii). But when I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

Oops, it happened again. I was uploading s\x460s02, and I forgot to click on the "parts\s" checkbox, and it gave me a blank screen again. So, the two conditions I've discovered that will render as blank screens in Netscape are: 1) problem with "0 (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

(...) :) (...) I'm glad to hear it's finding little problems like that. Steve (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

(...) I'm using Netscape. I tried giving it 3626bp37 and 3626bp39, earlier, but *now*, it's working *fine*. (I hate Murphy!) Hmmm... When I tried uploading those files earlier today, one of them was rejected 'cuz I had the Author line before the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: My LDraw Inliner

(...) Ahh. I never got around to read the LEdit specific parts of the documentation (`alias ledit vi` :-). (...) :-) (...) I will reformulate it; "... Microsoft specific LEGO CAD programs". Which still is a bit unfair since at least LeoCAD also (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Help wanted from the programmers among the LUGNET group

(...) Take a look at: (URL) can rotate a LDraw file an arbitrary angle around any of the three major axes. If you care to get your hands on an Ada compiler the program actually works. Jacob (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

(...) Works fine for me. Win98,Swe + IE5.50,Swe. /Tore (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

(...) What file are you giving it? Which browser are you running? Is anyone else having trouble with the filecheck? Steve (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  bug report - "file check" program @ LCAD parts tracker

Steve, Whenever I try to use the "file check" program at the parts tracker ("(URL) I get a completely blank screen. Thanks, Franklin ===== Franklin W. Cain Programmer for Hire "fwcain@yahoo.com" "(URL) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Help wanted from the programmers among the LUGNET group

(...) LDraw AddOn does rotations in at least a couple of different places. In class file EditorFunctions.cls, there's the Rotate() method and the QuickRotate() method, both of which are capable of rotating any LDraw code around any of the three (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Help wanted from the programmers among the LUGNET group

(...) Wouldn't you better off using the tools that already exist? Work with the subparts in whatever ldraw CAD program you prefer, then use one of the (now many) inliner tools to inline them at the very end when you're finished with the part. If you (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Help wanted from the programmers among the LUGNET group

Hello, Is there someone among the programmers, who can deliver me the algorithm for the ROTATION of the five different line types ? Please in some understandable language, so that i can translate it into VB(A) code - NO ASSEMBLER CODE. Why i'm (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) Dan, Be careful not to confuse "corrective guidance" with bullying. ;) Scott A =+= Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

(...) I think where I want to go with it, is to keep things simple and limited. At least for now. Embedded POV-Ray code should not make references to L3P-defined objects or definitions. It should stick strictly with primitive operations. Maybe later (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: My LDraw Inliner

(...) Documentation, what documentation? Actually according to the LEDIT extensions section of readme.txt: The Piece menu now also contains: an (x,y,z) location option an (x,y,z) scale option (use negative numbers to mirror) a matrix replacement (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ** MLCAD V2.12 **

Michael, The new features of version 2.12 look handy, including the option to save a parts list (shortcut button; I don't know if that option had been available). But I have noticed that the arrow keys, Home, End, and 'A' do not perform funtions (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My LDraw Inliner

(...) I never found it mentioned in the documentation. - Or is that a bug in the documentation and not in the inliner? (...) There is certainly more than one LDGLite user, but probably not quite as many as there are users for the Microsoft specific (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDDesignPad v0.9 released!

Hello! New version is out now. Get it at (URL) ! + = New feature * = Bugfix - = Removed feature v0.9 2002/03/05 + Added Change/Replace Color dialog (added palette file) + Undo now possible even after save - Reverted to colored speedbuttons. Think (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

(...) Huh...? This is getting too complicated, lost me! Most of you have seen what I have done with adding POV part descriptions to parts. I believe that I was using them correctly with the "established" methods. To make much change would be too (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) !!!...!!! (...) !!!...!!! (...) Did you see a word I wrote up there? Nothing like continuing to badger someone who already admit they were wrong. -Tim (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) And didn't I already come clean and admit my mistake there? And point out where I used the word trademark. I also explained WHAT it was all about - personal, polite request, with a polite response. Big deal. As I said, instead of demonizing (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) right! it's _their_ name, not _Tim's_! (...) nod, and I've no problem with the fact that you did change it :) :) Dan (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) you missed my point. my point is that Tim doesn't get to assert trademarks of ldraw on his own. nevermind that MOTM isn't LDRAW - your example is off. More like you came out saying "I'm introducing the randome piece of the day!", and me saying (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) I'm not upset about your "request", I'm upset that you think that your voice alone speaks for Ldraw. I'm not trying to discard all the work you put into prettying up the site, but there are a lot of people that should get a say in what (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Spot the bug

(...) I don't see one yet. But, I have not yet turned on display lists, vertex arrays, or cached normals, all of which I wrote code for while reading the reference manual as far back as June. Never ever write hundreds of lines of code before testing (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) It was done without permission, and I'm only stating that to clarify, not cause its a big deal to me. Tobbe intended no ill by posting it, we worked out that issue privately (and positively). I'm totally cool with him as well - we've actually (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) ...without permission. I'm not sure whether Tobbe asked Tim's permission or not. The initial post was mainly to solicit alternative names for the competition. The email from Tim was included to explain why this was being done. I see no harm in (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Spot the bug

(...) Cool! Is there an appreciable speed difference? (...) I know how that goes. :) Steve (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My LDraw Inliner

Hello Tore, first i was a little bit shocked but then I went to hunt down the bug. I had a problem with parsing the subpart if there were double-space between the numbers and a calculation bug too ;). It's fixed now. I didn't use your code (mine is (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: GLUT for MacOS X

(...) A .m file is a method file. It's the file extension used for Objective C source files in place of .c, .cpp, etc. --Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: GLUT for MacOS X

(...) Yeah, just look at: (URL) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: GLUT for MacOS X

(...) I just checked the code in glutmenu.m (what's a .m file?) and it looks like it creates View, GLUT, and Tools menus when you attach to the left, middle, and right mouse buttons. I guess that's OK as it would put the ldglite menus under Tools. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Primitives based on other primitives?

(...) This is done sometimes. It certainly could be replaced with equivalent raw code. I'm not sure which version would be faster. Once the 48\1-4ring9 file is loaded by a renderer, reusing the file shouldn't be a big time hit. Steve (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

(...) No big deal. I just wasn't sure which nut you were shelling. :) (...) Hmm. The problem is that there would be a lot of cases - we've already got a way to handle general stuff (by creating 'primitive' files). And my (general) preference is to (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: GLUT for MacOS X

(...) Probably it's just one menu up top that equals the right-click popup menu. I can't tell from his code (I'd have to build something and see.) (...) OS X apps are supposed to put mini snapshots in the dock. (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: GLUT for MacOS X

(...) ... (...) I wonder how this works. As far as I know there's no way to associate a name with a particular glut menu. Does it just paste all the options in the top level menu across the menu bar? If so, how does it know which toplevel menu to (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  GLUT for MacOS X

This looks like a customized version of GLUT this guy built: Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 22:54:44 +0100 Subject: ANN: Improved GLUT for MacOS X From: Dietmar Planitzer <dave.pl@ping.at> To: <mac-opengl@lists.apple.com> Hi, As announced last week, an (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact