 Trains / 15773
Re: Track Designer Parts Library?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 02:13:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Paul Sinasohn writes:
OK, so I have exhumed my copy of Track Designer, and find that I don't seem to
have the latest parts library. Do I download the latest Ldraw library and
expand it into my TD directory?

Does anyone have a current (i.e. monorail & baseplates) library they can point
me to?

Please forgive me if I'm posting to the wrong group, I'm not familiar with CAD
activities, and the group names aren't clear cut in this regard

Paul Sinasohn
LUGNET #115
BAYLTC/BAYLUG

Trains is as good a place as any, and there was a thread in lugnet.cad as
well... but the subgroup probably isn't ideal.

TD files and LD files have no relationship whatever so you would not get
updates to your TD registry by installing new LD files.

TD uses bitmaps at various scales and has an internal model based on ports
and elevatability and polarity and "type" of track... so a switch has 3
ports and is elevatable. If it's 9v or 12V it has a polarity. If it's mono
it doesn't

Similarly a road baseplate also has ports (a t has 3 a + 4, most of the rest
have 2...

If you don't have a complete registry, you may want to ask around for one or
best, (unless you customised your own parts, which I doubt) just obtain the
latest version of TD from JT's archive site (it's listed on the front page
of lugnet.trains in the web interface) and reinstall it and you'll have all
the parts that are known to that registry. That does not include every
esoteric baseplate...

Hope that helps. Ask if not.