 CAD / Development / 7041
Re: creating 'real' technic builing instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:01:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Frank Engel writes:
hi there,
I'm working on a tool which creates 'real' building instructions for the old
technic-models from dat-files .
that means:
1. building a html-page
2. with the 'black and yellow' bars at the right and left border
3. with the 'new' parts needed from step to step in a seperate box at the
left side
4. including 'how much' of each 'new' part from step to step is needed
5. with the original step-numbers (scanned from old building instructions)

well, it works allready, but only if have created the bitmap-pictures for
each model step before I start my tool.
I tried to use lgdview to create the bmp's for every step in batch-mode
(without displaying them on screen), but unlike the documentation (at least
for the linux version) this does not work (screen diplay comes up).
has anybody a hint for me how to get lgdview working in batch mode?
thanks a lot in advance,
sorry about my bad english, last time I had it in school is 15 years ago)
frank

Sorry about the delay, but I didn't realize that ldgview was actually
ldglite until I got your email.  I emailed a response (well actually 2
reponses) and here's the text just in case anyone else is interested.
I know I'm interested in how this instruction building tool works out.
Will your instruction building tool  also work in Windows?

-------------------------------

It sounds like the OSMesa support didn't get compiled into ldglite.
There was some confusion about how to do this when the linux
installation instructions were made because Mesa switched from
internal support for Offscreen rendering to a seperate library
at some point.  Look inside the makefile.linux for this and
make sure both OFFSCREEN lines are NOT commented out with the #.

# UnComment this to build in support for Mesa Offscreen rendering
OFFSCREEN_FLAGS=-DOSMESA_OPTION
OFFSCREEN_LIBS= -lOSMesa

Then delete *.o and rebuild ldglite.  You should be able to tell
it the OSMesa support is in the executable with this:

strings ldglite | grep -i OSMesaMakeCurrent

It will only find the string OSMesaMakeCurrent if OSMesa is included.

Don

PS.  It should still save the bitmaps even if it has to render them
onscreen.

--------------------------------

Sorry to bother you again, but you're the first person to
express any interest in the -mS option of ldglite, so I
would like know how it works out for you.

When you recompiled Mesa did you first change MAX_WIDTH and
MAX_HEIGHT in the Mesa config file src/config.h?  The defaults
are too small to allow large offscreen renderings.  (I mention
this briefly at the end of the ldglite readme.txt file.)

Watch out for the -Q option.  It does not work well with the
-mS and -ms options.  I just fixed this because of your
interest in the -mS option, but I don't know when I'll get
around to releasing version 0.9.6.  If you would like to
beta test the -Q and -mS fix, let me know and I'll package
up the latest sources into a zip file.  I also just got rid
of the annoying extra targa file dump in the Mesa version of
the -mS code.

Don