 CAD / Development / 7048
Re: Requesting another plug-in for LDDesignPad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:51:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Ryan Farrington wrote:

Carsten and other Delphi programmers,

I wish I could make some calculations in my K'nex part files to bring them
all down to standard LDraw scale (right now they are much larger compared to
the Lego parts). I would like to multiply all the points in the primitives
files by 0.64. Might there be a way to automatically perform these
calculations on the existing points, while by passing colors and line types?
I could do it all manually, which would take a lot of time, but then again,
programming takes time too...

Thoughts?

You can do this with existing tools, here are a couple of ways.  They're
manual, but not as bad as doing it by hand....

1. Open the file in Excel (or some other spreadsheet).  Use formula
cells to calculate the new component values.  Replace the old columns
with the new values.  Save the file in text-format, then use a text
editor to search'and'replace all tab characters to spaces.

2. Use LDAO -- use the text Editor to open each file.  At the beginning
of the file, insert the line:
   0 SCALE 0.64
At the end of the file, insert the line:
   0 SCALE END
Select/highlight all the code (including the SCALE meta-statements).
Select Tool | LDL 2 DAT to replace the LDLite-enhanced code with
straight LDraw code.  Save the file.  Repeat as needed.

3. Do like #2, but use a general text editor and LDLite's -R option to
translate the LDLite code to standard LDraw code.

Steve