 CAD / Development / 7031
Re: Help wanted from the programmers among the LUGNET group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 19:41:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Ludo Soete writes:
Hello,

Is there someone among the programmers, who can deliver me the algorithm for
the ROTATION of the five different line types ?
Please in some understandable language, so that i can translate it into
VB(A) code - NO ASSEMBLER CODE.

Why i'm asking for?
I'm working on a part witch can be split-up into different parts, for ease
of creation. Each part need to be copied and rotated by 90°,180° & 270° to
get the complete part. Some of those 'sub' parts are over 100 ... 200 lines
long.
I have a little experience with VISUAL BASIC for APPLICATIONS (specially
EXCEL) so, i would like to write some code to make those things easier than
what we have now with LEDIT (rotating line by line).

Goal: Try to get something operational so avoiding mistakes when rotating,
speed-up things, perhaps add more feathures.

Wouldn't you better off using the tools that already exist?  Work with
the subparts in whatever ldraw CAD program you prefer, then use one of
the (now many) inliner tools to inline them at the very end when you're
finished with the part.

If you really want to look at some code, you could examine the
Rotate1Part function in the ldglite source code.  It's not assembler,
but it's C code, which is the next best thing. :)

Don