 CAD / Development / 7020
Re: Primitives based on other primitives?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:12:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Carsten Schmitz wrote:

Hello!

I noticed in part tracker this part from Paul :

Part 4-4ring9 - Hi-Res Ring 9 x 1

Its based on another primitve 1-4ring9.
My question is:

Does it make sense? IMHO this is only slowing down programs and isnt really
helpful. Any comments on it?

This is done sometimes.  It certainly could be replaced with equivalent
raw code.  I'm not sure which version would be faster.  Once the
48\1-4ring9 file is loaded by a renderer, reusing the file shouldn't be
a big time hit.

Steve