 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 89
Re: GLUT for MacOS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:26:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Erik Olson writes:
This looks like a customized version of GLUT this guy built:

As announced last week, an improved version of the GLUT for MacOS X is now
available for download at:
<http://homepage.mac.com/dietmarplanitzer/FileSharing1.html>

Things that changed: •  ...
*) GLUT application menus are now added to the menu bar according to the
  Aqua Guidelines

I wonder how this works.  As far as I know there's no way to associate
a name with a particular glut menu.  Does it just paste all the options
in the top level menu across the menu bar?  If so, how does it know
which toplevel menu to use?  The menu attached to the "right" mouse
button?

Probably it's just one menu up top that equals the right-click popup menu. I
can't tell from his code (I'd have to build something and see.)

I just checked the code in glutmenu.m (what's a .m file?) and it looks
like it creates View, GLUT, and Tools menus when you attach to the left,
middle, and right mouse buttons.  I guess that's OK as it would put the
ldglite menus under Tools.

Now I wonder if the glut menus work in the fullscreen game modes that
this version of glut supports.  I've been moving away from glut menus
toward something built with a patched version of MUI since it seems to
work in fullscreen game mode, and even stands a chance of working in
the DOS version of opengl.  (gotta keep all those ldglite DOS users
happy :)

*) Miniaturized windows now show a snapshot of the window content area
  (OpenGL graphics)

That sounds neat.  Are there any pictures?

OS X apps are supposed to put mini snapshots in the dock.

So its a static picture then?  I remember doing an old X-windows app
that actually animated a teeny-tiny version of the fullsize window
when the program was iconified.  That was fun.

Don