 Administrative / General / 3789
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 03:47:44 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Ted Nelson's transpublishing and transcopyright
philosophies.  I home someday they become feasable.

They seem feasible now from a technical standpoint. (Overlooking the
bandwidth issue for the moment.) The problem is the banner-ad revenue model
of the current commercial web -- if you can look at

PS: why does HTML just have the IMG tag? Why not have the EMBED tag let you
_embed anything_ arbitrarily? Like, another HTML document?

[ft: lugnet.off-topic.geek]