 Administrative / General / 3800
Re: Intellectual exercise (was Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 14:52:42 GMT

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999 02:26:11 GMT, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
wrote:

If I were to post the results of this script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
for ($i=0;$i<1000000;$i++)
{
printf "http://www.lego.com/catalog/images/set384x288us%06d.jpg\n", $i;
}

to LUGnet, and some of the links that result happen to not have links on any
of Lego's linked-from-the-main-page pages, would I be in violation of Lego's
new statement?

You'd certainly be in clear and present violation of the T&C due to
spamming. A million lines ~= 80 megabyte. Youch.

Jasper