 Administrative / General / 3754
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 01:19:38 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
[...] By the same token, the concept that there might be something wrong
with looking at an image to which there isn't a readily-obvious hyperlink
is ludicrous to (I think I'm safe in saying this) a vast majority of those
with a basic level of knowledge of the World Wide Web.

Hmm, maybe that's the heart of the controversy right there!

I dunno about the net population at large, but I'd certainly experience
guilt feelings if I summoned up an image to which there was no readily-
obvious hyperlink, because I'd assume that the reason there was no link
was because I wasn't supposed to see it or find it.  Then again, I'm not
someone who snoops in people's medicine cabinets either (not that anyone
here is).

--Todd