 Administrative / General / 3774
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 05:42:05 GMT

Ben Gatrelle wrote in message ...

Security through obscurity may be a weak form of security, but it's still
security (i.e., the intended limitation of viewing).  In fact, any file on
any webserver that's not linked to from some normally-navigable public • page
on that webserver is a file which I would call "secured" in some way or
another.  (Again, maybe security through obscurity, but if a file isn't
linked to, then clearly the intention is for it not to be seen.)

What about <www.LEGO.com/topsecret> which when I found it last year had • pre-
release pics of the original SW sets that were coming out. There was a
refernce to this URL in a Mania Magazine (which published the URL) but • there
was no link to this page from anywhere on any of the LEGO main screens,
including the club screen, if memory server??

According to Brad I could notpost to LUGNET saying, "check this out!"

That URL has been published and is clearly intended for public consumption.

Frank Filz
Posting from my Dad's