 Administrative / General / 3726
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:01:51 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd <corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote:
I would agree with Mike's interpretation.  Whether or not lawyers would, I
don't know.  If Lego put this information on a billboard in the middle of

They probably would agree. Read this story:

<URL:http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/99/12/cyber/cyberlaw/10law.html>

Note that no decision has been reached, despite the preliminary injunction.
Also note that this is actually about linking to documents which violate
copyright, so linking to documents actually published by Lego doesn't even
come close. The important point is that several intellectual property
experts disagree with the preliminary injunction, even.