 Off-Topic / Geek / 871
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 22:58:38 GMT

jasper@janssen.dynip.com (Jasper Janssen) writes:
Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com> wrote:
Actually, I believe the IMG tag is obsolescent.

Too many things validate as approximately HTML/4.0 compliant for that
to be true.

Maybe "obsolescent" was the wrong term.  I think I meant
depreciated...but I'm not sure if that's right either.

Besides, IMG is way too firmly entrenched. I don't think we'll ever
root it out, unless we can provide a superior alternative (human
nature being what it is, a _far_ superior alternative).

I agree.  I still use IMG because it's easy and it works on almost all
browsers.  However, I believe that I read that you are supposed to use
OBJECT tags for images in HTML 4.
--Bram