 Off-Topic / Geek / 870
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 19:23:24 GMT

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999 03:58:57 GMT, Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com>
wrote:
mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller) writes:
PS: why does HTML just have the IMG tag? Why not have the EMBED tag
let you _embed anything_ arbitrarily? Like, another HTML document?

Actually, I believe the IMG tag is obsolescent.

Too many things validate as approximately HTML/4.0 compliant for that
to be true.

Besides, IMG is way too firmly entrenched. I don't think we'll ever
root it out, unless we can provide a superior alternative (human
nature being what it is, a _far_ superior alternative).

Jasper