 Administrative / General / 3721
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 20:52:34 GMT

Scott-A <scott-arthur@eh105jb.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
Fairly reasonable.  I don't particularly agree with the "if it's
there on the server for you to see if you mistype a number in a URL
but isn't specifically hyperlinked you can't 'publish' a link to it"
interpretation.

I have to agree with you Mike. If Lego has sensative data on its server
which the public has easy access to that is there problem... not mine.
However, I don't want Todd to end up in jail for hosting data, or links to
it.

The chances of Todd ending up in jail for virtually anything you or
I post here is practically nil, imo.

Hosting the data (set pictures, maybe even set names in advance of
their official release) could be a little iffy - I expect he'd axe
posts like that.

Hosting messages that contain links to other sites that are hosting
data?  I don't think so, but I guess what matters most is what Todd
thinks.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/