 Administrative / General / 3635
Re: Cats and pigeons...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:57:08 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:rVJVONmtD15I4D1dDczMyu8SRjZY@4ax.com...
In lugnet.admin.general, rhendrix wrote:

Don't know how new this one is, but if you go to Mindstorms (in the Euro
catalog on lego.com), you can look through the drop-down list and see the • mars
exploration set...

I could be wrong, but I think that has been there for some time.  The Mars • set
was planned to be released as a Mindstorms add-on from the start, along • with
Extreme Creatures and Robo-sports, but for some reason, the Mars kit never • came
out.

I think the delay was caused by technical difficulties, mostly with the
camera hardware.  It's one thing to stick one of those eyeball cameras on
your monitor, but putting them on robots that move, crash, fall off tables,
etc. proved to be more difficult.

-John Van