 Administrative / General / 3503
Re: Cats and pigeons...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 23:24:25 GMT

Oh now I have seen it ALL.  TRADE SECRETS?!?  That's it, you people are so
hopelessly uptight, I may leave this group and go back to RTL!!!  I'd rather have
anarchy than self-righteousness!

THEY ARE LINKS TO PICS ON THE F$&()%$ LEGO.COM SITE!  If they wanted them
protected, they DAMNED well should have put them on a staging server like any
decent company does!

I found those URLs myself - like it's really hard to do!  I'd post how pitifully
easy it was to find them, but I'd evidently be banned for it.

You people are truly making me sick.  I am sitting here shaking with RAGE over how
ANAL this is getting!

Sproaticus wrote:

Todd Lehman wrote:
I'm not following you at this point. Were you seriously contemplating
shutting down all of LUGNET because someone posted a URL to some images
on the lego.com site? Images that are out in public view? Images
therefore covered under the fairplay policy?
I'm looking for a solution (even an imperfect one) to an extremely complex
problem which I'm afraid doesn't exist (the solution, that is).

The first thing you can do, instead of bouncing the server, is to bump off the
folks who *flagrantly* flout your request to not post sensitive TLC info.
Specifically, *this* info.  Personally, I'd yank Remy's posting privs
immediately.

I'm not talking about stifling free speech here, just some basic CYA.  If
someone wants to disseminate Lego trade secrets, they can use someone else's
server.

Cheers,
- jsproat

"Hello.  My name is Jeremy, and I'm a...a brick chewer."
  (in unison) "Hi, Jeremy."