 Administrative / General / 3465
Re: Cats and pigeons...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:48:03 GMT

Actually -- I take that back, partially.  There's one thing I hadn't
considered:  invasive URL pointers into www.lego.com!  Ug.

For example, what someone just posted here:

  http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=11804

I was just looking at those, and wondering what the fallout would be.  What a
week, eh?  The dizzying highs, the terrible lows, the creamy middles...

is very possibly a violation of the LEGO Company's privacy, simply via links,
if I understand correctly how the URLs were obtained.  :-(

True.  I mean, clearly they aren't meant to be seen yet, because they aren't
linked fromt he pages.  And yet, LEGO has them on a server, where a li'l ol'
http request will send them right to you...  In other words, they're putting
the pics out there for the world to see...

Of course, they were obtained by being nosy.

eric