 Administrative / General / 3477
Re: Cats and pigeons...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 22:11:45 GMT

Is there anyone here who doubts my extremely strong pro property rights
stance in general?

not I...

I can't believe this conversation is even taking place... let me get this
straight..
images are hosted on an open server... someone comes along and finds them by
mod'ing the location line of a published, linked image (no doubt subsituting a
set # found in a *now-public* catalog) and *BAM* up comes an image that simply
hasn't been linked to *YET*... no protection, no security, nothing...

give me a break... the images are hosted, waiting for the web team to build the
interface links... there's nothing secret going on there.. there wasn't any
"hacking" involved, no security breaches... and there isn't any "trade secret"
to be found.. hell, they're just images, they don't contain set names, prices,
etc...

i'm getting so completely jaded by everyone's paranoia and over-indulgence in
broadcast morality

hell, i guess we should wait for a few of *you* to start telling TLC when it's
okay for *them* to release info to the public!

:( (again)