 Administrative / General / 3561
Re: Cats and pigeons...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 07:32:48 GMT

You're only 4 blocks away from me and you see these yet I don't.  I'm
accessing right now via javanet.com and you're accessing via thirteen.net,
both presumably within a very close area, but of course they or their
upstream nodes could be configured completely differently with regard to
caching.

For the record, I'm not accessing the internet via thirteen.net- that's just
where I get my email.  If you're really interested, I can divulge the specifics
of my internet connectivty to you in private.

I'm not running a proxy server, and I've cleared my browser cache.

Same here.

Now I'm getting the 4 broken links mentioned earlier, so I'm taking that as
a Good Sign and hopefully those will turn into unbroken image links within
an hour or so.

What?!?!?  Whoa.  So, I got broken thumbnails, and I didn't.  Then I went to
doublecheck, and I didn't- but you do.  I'm way too tired to look now, but
when I get to work in the morning, I'll check (1).

What on earth was causing these to cache before?  CGI directives from the
.ASP script?  Must be.

You know waaaayyyyyy more about this than me.

eric

"I sleep in a drawer!"
                 - Dolph's son, on the bus

(1) Yes, I work on Saturdays.  Pity me!