 Administrative / General / 3476
Re: Cats and pigeons...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 22:08:47 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Loch writes:
Step 1:  take a deep breath

Step 2: cancel the offending post

Step 3: remind everyone not to post "not yet public information"

KL

But it *is* public.  It is on a public server, open to everyone.  If that isn't
public, I don't know what is.  I (and others) did this Last December to see
some of the Star Wars sets, and no one complained then.  why is today
different?  Because of the Vendor's Catalog Fiasco?  This is just going to the
extreme, if you ask me.

Jeff

P.S.  Todd can't cancel the post without the poster's permission, remember.

Doing what?

I'm not following you at this point. Were you seriously contemplating
shutting down all of LUGNET because someone posted a URL to some images
on the lego.com site? Images that are out in public view? Images
therefore covered under the fairplay policy?

Gosh I hope not, I think you may be overreacting.

Or are you referring to something else?

I'm looking for a solution (even an imperfect one) to an extremely complex
problem which I'm afraid doesn't exist (the solution, that is).

--Todd