 Administrative / General / 3492
Re: Cats and pigeons...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 23:00:24 GMT

Actually -- I take that back, partially.  There's one thing I hadn't
considered:  invasive URL pointers into www.lego.com!  Ug. • [snip]
is very possibly a violation of the LEGO Company's privacy, simply via links,
if I understand correctly how the URLs were obtained.  :-(

Since my own posting rights might be in jeopardy, I feel the need to mention
that I wouldn't've gotten the quick URL that I posted without going
through the European catalog once in the first place.  The missing image for
Lego Baby (not Primo) was the obvious clue.  There were placeholders for
Knights Kingdom and Star Wars (a third selection?!?) and Arctic and Football.
After looking at many through the catalog, I decided that simply replacing the
set number in the high resolution image URL (Ctrl+O, Ctrl+V, set#) was quicker
than back, scroll, +.  I've just checked back through and I distinctly
remember going to all of these through the catalog with the sole exception of
the "Duplo dolls".  All numbers posted are linked through the catalog pages.

Sorry I wasn't more verbose in my initial message; I was getting a bit sleepy
and forgot about this when I posted the 1886 follow-up.  (And I haven't taken
a look at the message you cited to see what other sets might be hidden.)