 Administrative / General / 3464
Re: Cats and pigeons...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:41:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
[...]
- Pointers to websites that have images of sets before their release (ie,
TheForce.net, TheOuterRim.com, etc)?

I personally don't see any problem with this, depending on how the
pointers are worded.  Simply reporting upon the existence of something
somewhere else, no matter how illegal (including posting URLs of
information contained on other publicly accessible servers, for purposes
of discussion) can hardly be construed as infringing on anyone's rights.
Then again, I am not a lawyer, so don't take this as legal advice.  I'm
sure it's an extremely gray area.

Actually -- I take that back, partially.  There's one thing I hadn't
considered:  invasive URL pointers into www.lego.com!  Ug.

For example, what someone just posted here:

   http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=11804

is very possibly a violation of the LEGO Company's privacy, simply via links,
if I understand correctly how the URLs were obtained.  :-(

--Todd