 Administrative / General / 3542
Re: Cats and pigeons...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 01:52:17 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, James Brown writes:
Ok, life gets weirder.  I just got home, browsed over to www.lego.com -
lo and behold the controversial links are there.

This absolutely settles it in my mind (not that I had much doubt): The
weirdness is at Lego.

Or, more precisely, the weirdness is every but at Lego.  :-)

Ya, this caching this would explain everything.

At this point, in my mind, there's no doubt that Lego did intend to release
these pictures ~12 hours ago and that the information took forever and day
to propagate through all the intermediate stops.  If they made any mistake
at Lego, it was only in . . . hmm, well, I can't think of any mistake now
offhand.  It does seem weird though that they'd set up ASP pages to cache.
Anyway.

I'm glad that this was all a big misunderstanding and that all the blame
falls upon me, rather than that something bad was accidentally leaked.[1]

I've got a lot of repairing to do now.

--Todd

[1] I haven't yet confirmed that every single set in Remy's list is actually
available in the online catalog yet.  By chance has anyone gone through them
all yet, looking out of curiosity?