 Administrative / General / 3543
Re: YEAR-2000 LEAKS STOP HERE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 01:54:59 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman writes:
NO MORE YEAR-2000 LEGO PRODUCT LEAKS ON LUGNET.  I'M NOT SAYING PLEASE.
ANYONE ELSE POSTS WRONGFULLY-OBTAINED INFORMATION ABOUT A LEGO PRODUCT
AND SOMEONE NOTICES IT AND DRAWS IT TO MY ATTENTION, YOU'RE OUT.
REMY, YOU'RE OUT.

--TODD
ADMIN@LUGNET.COM

Since my intitial reaction to these sorts of things often leads to interesting
discussions, let me once again share what flashed through my mind when I read
this post from our (absolutely no sarcasm intended here) esteemed moderator.
I'm not saying I still think these things, but first impressions often offer
great insight:

1) This post is a forgery, posted by someone other than Todd.  I never tried
it, but I think the web interface might be open to such an operation.  This
post, viewed by a third party, certainly appears to have many of the
characteristics of a troll.

2) Without being an apologist, perhaps Todd, like myself, had a Truly Crappy
Day (TM), and just snapped.  I know that when I've pulled such boners, it can
be hard to come back for a while.

Being the great communicator that I am (Now that is sarcasm), I hope that Todd
can clarify his earlier post, if it was in fact his post, and I further hope
that everyone calms down a bit about this (and the earlier "leak") before any
permanent damage is done to relationships.

Will Middelaer

(Follow ups to lugnet.rodney-king, (Can't we all just get along.))