 Administrative / General / 3549
Re: YEAR-2000 LEAKS STOP HERE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 02:28:13 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Will Middelaer writes:
[...]
2) Without being an apologist, perhaps Todd, like myself, had a Truly
Crappy Day (TM), and just snapped.  I know that when I've pulled such
boners, it can be hard to come back for a while.
[...]

I did snap, yes, and I did have a crummy day (running on empty sleep-wise)
but it's deeper than that.  First, if I was right (I'm very glad I wasn't),
then some sort of admin action had to be taken.  Maybe it didn't need to be
that harsh, but it seemed like we'd just been through this whole leaks thing
a couple days earlier and "oh great, here we go again."  So I posted how I
felt in my gut, rather than the calm tempered normal me.  Also, I would much
rather risk being wrong and subsequently risk making a complete ass of myself
than risk being right yet not saying anything.  So there ya have it.

--Todd