 Administrative / General / 3548
3547  |  3549
Subject:
Remy is in the clear (was: Re: YEAR-2000 LEAKS STOP HERE)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 02:18:36 GMT

Remy, I want to apologize to you both personally and professionally for
what I said and what I did.  I was taking near-panic-speed actions based
upon evidence which seemed completely sound at the time, but which, in
20-20 hindsight, was unsound.  It has taken half the day, another 100+
message thread, and sleuth work from a dozen dedicated others around the
globe to sort through all the details and find the missing pieces of the
puzzle and it is clear now beyond the shadow of any doubt in my mind that
I drew the wrong conclusion.  (Perhaps the right one from the facts I had,
but the wrong one nevertheless.)

Your posting privileges are reinstated to all groups and let it show in the
record that there remains no evidence that you intentionally sought to sully
the LEGO Company by posting leaks.  In fact, as far as the alert tech minds
of fans around the globe can tell, you simply only posted information which,
to you, in your part of the globe, at that part of the day, was perfectly
visible.  That information has now surfaced in the U.S. as ISP's here have
slowly flushed their caches and reloaded the new pages being served by
www.lego.com.

--Todd