 Administrative / General / 3568
Re: Time for LUGNET Legal Aid? (was: Remy is in the clear)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 15:16:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeff Boen writes:

i'm very unhappy with LUGNET this week--

I'm not.

It's just a growing pain.  Todd and Suz want SO BADLY for LEGO
to respect our community.  They want it so badly that they freak
out a bit when something happens that might tarnish our rep.
To have these things happen so closely in conjunction with the
LEGO direct announcement must have been very distressing.  Their
(our) dreams realized, and perhaps threatened, all within the same
two days ....

I was distressed by the actions taken, but I respect the love and
fervor that those actions represent,  and I trust that things will
work out.

Yes, we need clearer legal counsel on these issues.  Asking
our LEGO Direct representative who recently decloaked is a
wonderful way to get LEGO's direct perspective on the issues.
Larry asked good questions and we were promised a reasonable attempt
at a reply from LEGO.  Imagine that!  Dialog with the mothership!  The
idea is staggering.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"