 People / 334
Re: Time for LUGNET Legal Aid? (was: Remy is in the clear)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:31:42 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
I'm sorry that I need to defend myself in this way.

wow... that's pretty much *exactly* what i was asking to hear as all of this
progressed... (not the specifics of your LEGO involvement, how could we have
known?!?, but your knowledge of what *is* and *is not* going to be a problem
for this community)

your "need" to defend yourself was no doubt incited by me more than others..
and for that i apologize.. i, like many others, came across baseplate.com in
the very beginning of my involvement here.. it still influences my creative
direction... in fact i had often thought about conferring with you re: some
minifig photo techniques i've worked out using my 75-200mm zoom/macro lens...
you were someone i felt i "knew"

as i said to Todd in an earlier post... the thing that probably shook me the
most was seeing the two of you, our "paternal/maternal" figures in this
community, suddenly showing a great deal of outrage at our fanaticism... a
very different reaction to similar events of the past... i didn't mean to make
things more difficult, on you or Todd.. and again for that, i apologize...

i only sought to ensure that things were just and that we, as fans and
participants in the community, had as much of a voice as our "leaders"...

lastly... my own personality is often described as "blunt"... so i would assume
that you and i probably react to each other as people often do when they are
very much alike

thank you for your time and explanation Suz... you're still a hero to us all
(or at least to me :)  )