 Administrative / General / 3566
Re: Time for LUGNET Legal Aid? (was: Remy is in the clear)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 14:40:38 GMT

"Nephilim" <jthompson@esker.com> writes:

Random aside - I do wish there was an "edit" button on the LUGNET web
interface that would give us the ability to edit our messages once
they have been posted if we catch an error within 5 minutes or so.
But that's probably not possible (although it could cancel and repost
the article).

The NNTP posting interface supports both cancel and supersede, the
latter being what you want.

What happens with the mail interface when a message is being cancelled
or superseded?  I realize, of course, that mail that has already been
sent out to the people who use the mail interface cannot be stopped.
But what about superseded messages?  Do the new copy get sent out as
well?

Fredrik