 Administrative / General / 3556
3555  |  3557
Subject:
Time for LUGNET Legal Aid? (was: Remy is in the clear)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 05:32:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Rose Regner writes:
To all here....
lets not jump to any legal conclusions which no one here is
qualified to make.

this brings to mind a question for me...

surely in all of our huddled AFOL masses there must be an attorney, or at least
someone with a smidge of legal background????

if not, if there isn't someone on the inside who can provide legal direction
and advice to this community, then perhaps it is time for Todd to seek someone
external for guidance... there must be *someone* connected to one of us that
can help settle these debates pro-bono...

in all honesty, over the last 3 days i've heard both Todd and Suz come in
(rather heavy-handedly IMO) and start screaming how (and i'm paraphrasing, so
there's no need to say i'm misquoting) "this is probably illegal! i can't be
sure, but it might be a bad thing so stop!" when in reality.. no one here knows
for certain whether any of the events that have transpired over the last few
days warrant any concern at all.. we're acting like a bunch of teenagers,
hoping that we don't get pregnant if we do it standing up.. that's naive,
uninformed *crap*!

if you're going to run this site and claim to do so in a professional manner,
if you're going to make decisions like the ones you have been during the last 3
days, then they should be informed ones..

i just feel that if you (yes, *you* Todd) are going to state the letter of "the
law" (local to LUGNET) and try to uphold it and then integrate it with *real*
laws, then perhaps it's time to seek the help of people who can provide solid
direction on these topics, rather than just swinging blind "what if"s in the
dark...

LUGNET is growing up... if you're going to start addressing legal issues,
you're going to need legal professionals... because otherwise (IMVHO) it just
appears that you and others are speculating to try and force your fears,
beliefs, desires and morals on others

i'm very unhappy with LUGNET this week