 Administrative / General / 3475
Re: Server being voluntarily taken down (was: Re: Cats and pigeons...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:59:49 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

The only answer at this point is to shut the server down.  That's a
kneejerk reaction and it won't solve the problem but it's the only
responsible thing to do for now.

I can't do it.  I can't justify doing this.

--Todd

Doing what?

I'm not following you at this point. Were you seriously contemplating
shutting down all of LUGNET because someone posted a URL to some images
on the lego.com site? Images that are out in public view? Images
therefore covered under the fairplay policy?

Gosh I hope not, I think you may be overreacting.

Or are you referring to something else?

Agree with Larry here.  If I can browse to it freely just by going to
www.lego.com and clicking on links (and I can) - then it is public.

NFF

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/