 Administrative / General / 3531
Re: Cats and pigeons...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 00:39:19 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, James Powell writes:
It seems that there are no links from the "set database" to the images yet.
The images still work, but I could not find any that were not listed
(perhaps I am being web stupid however...)

That's what I thought (that's what I'd read elsewhere just prior to Remy's
post):  They're not in the set database, but the images are sitting there
like sitting ducks.

But they WERE in the set database.  I saw them at home this morning, and loaded
up several of the graphics.  Here in the good ole' USA.  If you would have been
up to buy DYA sets, you'd have seen them too ;-)

I still stand by the right to post links to pages on the 'wrong' side of
firewalls.  If the page is in the public domain, then that is it...and
LUGNET should not be chastising people for posting links to them either.

You could copy those images to geocities and link to them and they'd still
be leaks.

Just because the stupid server is serving the JPEGs and their techs don't
(apparently) know the first thing about how to protect access to them from
"prying eyes" doesn't mean that it's not still invasive to their corporate
privacy.  Until the products are actually announced, isn't it still a cheap
leak?

No.  If their web designers are THAT stupid, well, then, FIRE THEM, and get new
ones!  Preferably ones that aren't infatuated with Shockwave, either.  For the
games, yes.  For most of the site?  NO!