 Administrative / General / 3562
Re: .loc.eu (was: Re: UKLUG Prototype online)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 10:22:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Simon Denscombe writes:
[...]
On a completely different note I think lugnet.loc.eu should be created for
countries of the European Union.  This would be for European-wide set
releases, exclusive sets in different countries and especially an European
LEGOFest which I hope can happen before the end of next year (hoping :-) ).

I was wondering about the same thing the other day, when Mario needed to be
able to post to a whole bunch of European countries.  The bummer of it is,
even though .eu isn't assigned an ISO country code AFAIK, the other continents
that would need to map like that for symmetry do have clashes:

I thought of a possibility that would fit into the current hierarchy...

  lugnet.announce.north-america
  lugnet.announce.europe
  lugnet.announce.australia
[etc]

These groups could be used to make geography-specific announcements, like
Mario's CFD on a european Legofest, and follow-up's could be set appropriately.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/