 Administrative / General / 3377
Re: .loc.eu (was: Re: UKLUG Prototype online)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 13:40:04 GMT

Todd Lehman:

I was wondering about the same thing the other day, when
Mario needed to be able to post to a whole bunch of
European countries.  The bummer of it is, even though .eu
isn't assigned an ISO country code AFAIK, the other
continents that would need to map like that for symmetry
do have clashes:

What about inserting a "continent" level above the country
level?

I know it will cause some problem with those barbarian
invaders (Russia, Spain, and Turkey ;-) who have gotten a
foothold in Europe, even though they actually belong on
other continents, but it seems to be the only sensible
solution (even though it might mean a lot of work for you).

How often do we need it anyway? Couldn't you just use "full"
names?

  /africa/
  /antarctica/
  /asia/