 Star Wars / *13298 (-100)
  Nth Dimension Star Wars LDRAW Files

A while back people were asking for the Nth Dimension website. You know the one that hadd all those Star Wars LDraw files. Well I ended up posting to my brickshelf account those files a while back. At the time I had just zipped the up with Winrar. (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Real Chosen One?

(...) I may be missing something 'cause I refuse to stand in line more than half hour for any movie (besides star trek ;) ) so I havent seen AOTC yet, but I saw ANH when I was 10 and it looked to me that Darth Vader was a pretty accomplished pilot. (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Real Chosen One?

(...) No one tries to explain away aparent inconsistencies more than I do but I still have a real problem with the word "accomplished". I mean to say that as a boy Anakin was awesome behind the controls of any kind of vehicle may be correct, but the (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Poor Target....

(...) Um, I think you meant to say the original poster's name, not mine.... Jeff (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Real Chosen One?

"Scott Costello" <scottcos@spamfree.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GwJ1D4.Ezy@lugnet.com... (...) question (...) cow! (...) script. (...) If you watch the film, R2 spends probably less than a minute with Obi Wan on screen.. and I'd imagine one (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Real Chosen One?

(...) Because, regardless of everything he has said later, Lucas didn't have the episodes all planned when he did the first one!!! Sure, he had thought out Anakin's fall from grace and all that but all he had was a rough outline. I'm sure he didn't (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: <- new part -> 973psj.dat Minifig torso with Jango Fett armor (chrome armor)

(...) The Visual Dictionary for Ep II refers to Fett's armor as Mandalorian still (that is Lucas-canonical and goes back to the Empire development notes) and notes that the Clone Trooper armor is partially based on it. Jango's armor dates back a (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: <- new part -> 973psj.dat Minifig torso with Jango Fett armor (chrome armor)

(...) This raises the question: Does Attack of the Clones impact the description of the Fett family armour as "Mandalorian"? I didn't notice that the armour was referred to, and certainly many canonical sources assert that the armour is Mandalorian. (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.starwars)

  Target, Prom, Girlfriend, and Thanks LUGNET!

Hey, since the popular Target mistake has been the popular talk lately I thought I'd share my story. Have fun reading. Saturday was my senior prom. Afterward our parents held a party for us at the middle school gym. They were giving away doorprizes. (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Poor Target....

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Morgan writes: [...] (...) If you would, please take any continuation of this over to market.theory. thanks. -Suz (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Poor Target....

(...) I'm with Richard on this one. (...) Ha, I've seen these in the UK, guess they couldn't sell enough in the US. (...) IT companies in this country actually note the serial numbers down of the items they sell you. That way, you can only return (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Real Chosen One?

R2 is Batman's utility belt in a canister. (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Real Chosen One?

(...) He's like the droid equivalent of a Swiss army knife! He'd be handy around the house. "Now where'd I put that screwdriver...oh, thanks R2!" - Bob (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Poor Walmart.... (was: Poor Target....)

I don't really feel sorry for Target, I'm sure that they know what they are doing. It may have been accidental in the beginning, but they could stop the sale anytime they feel like. If they feel like cutting the price 50%, I will take them up on (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible deep deep spoiler.

"Chris Lannan" <shakguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GwIos7.56s@lugnet.com... (...) what (...) and (...) things (...) made (...) I think this is the right idea, and carrying this one step further, we can see that Anakin does bring about this (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Real Chosen One?

You missed one - where R2D2 puts out the fire with his built-in extinguisher... Just how much stuff is crammed into that little droid body, anyway?? JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Poor Target....

(...) Hey, who cares? It is well said that the buyer should beware. But let the seller beware also. If they do not, it is their problem. I am not going to make a protracted defense of the Target/Wal-Mart switcheroo scenario, but have none of you (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Real Chosen One?

That's a great theory. What makes it even greater, is that to all the other characters, R2D2 is "Just a droid", so they don't even realize that he is the Chosen One. He is the silent controller of events. He is there not to bring attention to (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Poor Target....

(...) Y'know, I almost think it might depend on the manager-- After all, they'll let you return items without receipts (for store credit only, of course), which implies that they already know FULL WELL that customers can return things from other (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Poor Target....

(...) Go to your local WalMart and ask the manager whether their return policy allows you to return to their store an item purchased at a different retailer. Ask this question: "Can I return an item here that I purchased at a Target store?" Let me (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Real Chosen One?

(...) That is such an awesome theory, and I really love your evidence. My question is in Star Wars (Episode IV) when Obi-Wan meets up with Luke and R2, why does he say "I don't seem to recall ever owning a droid" and not "Holy cow! R2 man has it (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Real Chosen One?

(...) Well, in the second trilogy, the story is somewhat told through the eyes of R2D2 and C-3PO. There are very few occasions where something happens that one or the other is not there-- usually scenes where we learn bad guy plans or something (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  The Real Chosen One?

(...) That's all well and good, and I agree with you, but I want to know this. Oh... and I think I'll be discussing some EP.2 stuff down there so I'm leaving room. If I forget.. ehh.. shoot me. Alrighty-roo I want to know this... Why is R2-D2 a (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Possible deep deep spoiler.

(...) Like someone else has mentioned elsewhere in the thread, I don't necessarily think that the concept of "balance of the force" means an equal number of dark side and light side Jedi. I'm not entirely sure WHAT they mean when they say it, but (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lego Island

(...) They are on Lego's online S@H all ready. Josh (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible deep deep spoiler.

(...) I don't think that a balance of folks who use each side of the force is what is meant. I think it's probably a deeper sort of yin-yang idea where-in practitioners can embrace both the light and dark sides of the force, thus becoming more fully (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible deep deep spoiler.

(...) That comes from the Zahn books, not the original movies. All we hear in Ep IV-V is that the Jedi are all but extinct... Peter (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible deep deep spoiler.

(...) And in the interests of conservation of carriage returns, I shall recycle it. (...) Indeed, but for the three of us using a newsreader: (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Poor Target....

Hey John, I lost my copy of the Retail Rule Book, can I borrow yours? -Matt . (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  LUGCO meeting highlights 5/18/02

Hi all. David 'Fuzzy' Gregory, Todd Trotter and myself all gathered at Michael Daniel's house in Oklahoma city this saturday. Here are some highlights: Todd told us to assemble a small army of 11 'soldiers' for some sort of activity. It turned out (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.sports, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.lugco, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible deep deep spoiler.

One question and then I'll go back to lurking mode. Why do the Jedi look at "balancing of the force" as a good thing? In EpI & II, Mace Windu kind of refers to Anikin as though he's some type of prophesized mesiah figure. Its just not clicking for (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Poor Target....

(...) It is fraudulent to return an item to a WalMart store that was purchased at a Target store. The act of returning an item includes your affirmation (whether or not you actually state it) to the associate that it was purchased at a WalMart (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Build Master Yoda model (10ft tall) traveling show

I saw Yoda last weekend at FAO Schwartz NYC. A Lego employee mentioned 80,000 was the number of elements in it. Yoda is built of scaled-up "bricks" 10x20x5. They are made from 2x10 and 2x6 bricks shell with 2x10 covering the top. Kids get to make (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Poor Target....

(...) How exactly is this fraud? Walmart doesn't say you can only have purchased the items from them, nor do they usually ask for a reason for the return. Just trying to clarify... Jeff (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Short Pants

(...) Just compare the shorties to the regular legs and you'll get your answer. If you were to put the exact same hip design and feet design on a shorter leg you'd have a leg with a roundness for the hip that goes right into the extending segment of (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Short Pants

I don't know if people have discussed this one yet, but what does everyone think of the diminutive-torsos? I first saw them in the Dooku/Yoda set I got a while back, and of course, they are also in the extremely popular Slave I (and the Potter (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Poor Target....

(...) south portland you say? being a manager at the local palm beach gardens target im affraid im going to have to report that .Matt Sekerak is the name... ok! (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Poor Target....

Good point, James. I had no intention of baiting anyone, but a debate does walk that fine line, yes? -Matt . (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Poor Target....

(...) Matt, What you describe is fraud, and illegal in most countries. However it is, as you point out elsewhere, very small potatoes, and Walmart isn't about to come after you with sticks or anything. But whatever. Leaving that aside, the tone of (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Poor Target....

Thanks, Nate. I'm almost feeling guilty about my devious ways...almost. What I pulled off today at the corporate monoliths might not have been an act of integrity, but the immediate and wild reaction of some of our fellow AFOLs was surprising and (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Poor Target....

Ah, a sympathizer in Travis. Thanks, Trav. You know what? Some LUGNET folk are chasing me with torches through the proverbial village of their community. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time. Yup, LEGO would probably sizzle in hades...but I'll be too (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Poor Target....

(...) Lego doesn't melt in hell. I live near New York City and my Legos are fine. I think everyone is making too big of a deal about this. Was advantage taken of huge corporations? Yes. Was it right? Probably not. Will the committer of such actions (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Poor Target....

(...) Well, that was an evil and horrible thing to do. WELL DONE!!!!! I mean sure it was wrong and prob equates to something like fraud or some such thing, but I must say, it was very clever. take opertunities when they present themselves, a (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Poor Target....

(...) Then why did you do the following? (...) I'll admit I've done this first bit (taking advantage of a poorly worded ad), not in this instance, but during the Ames 75% off Star Wars Sale. (...) Please, this is a public forum frequented by a (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Poor Target....

I almost feel pity for them. My local Target (So. Portland, Maine) had lots of EpII Lego. Since I already own a copy of Jango's Slave I, I didn't really want a second one so I thought I would annoy the sales people a bit...being the a$$h@le that I (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: target flyer(jango's slave I)

(...) My local Target was out of EVERY Episode II set, so instead of getting a raincheck, I just went to Wal-Mart with the flyer for a price match. They only had one Slave I left and I got it. :) Scott Member 718 (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Looking to contact Dorian Sherratt

(...) Jon, If you do get contact info on Dorian Sherratt could you please pass it my way. I'm in the processing of documenting ALL the ldraw files that were once on (URL) and his name keeps coming up as a model creator. I'll like to talk to him (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: target flyer(jango's slave I)

(...) The sale ends this saturday... Where are you at? I can mail you my sales ad if you want. I'm in San Diego so I'm not sure how long it will take to get to whereever you are at. email me at: jedi_agh@yahoo.com -AHui (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible deep deep spoiler.

Well Eric, I'm not so sure. I don't really think Palaptine/Sidious/Emperor has much balance in mind. I really think all he's out for is pure power. I mean, really, when he adopts the Emperor mantle, he doesn't seem to be thinking much about balance. (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible deep deep spoiler.

<snip> WARNING THESE MAY BE CONSIDERED SPOILERS FOR EP3 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! (...) Anakin Skywalker is NOT the person who will bring balance to the force! He is NOT who the scripts are refering to. That role is his (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: target flyer(jango's slave I)

(...) I don't have a Target around here, although I know of a spot nearby where they are putting one. Can anybody tell me how long this sale lasts? It might be worth it to me to get somebody to mail me a flyer so I can present it at Wal-Mart or TRU. (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Questions....

(...) From somewhere a while ago I seem to remember hearing that some Stormtroopers are clones. The ones that are, I would rather doubt that they are clones that fought in the Battle of Geonosis. Clones cost money to create and upkeep, and before (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible deep deep spoiler.

(...) I got rid of a lot of the original posts for space reasons. Anyhow I don't have as much to say, but honestly I think it's not that complicated. But comes down to what Lucas has said all along, about Anakin's struggles etc. And that lends to (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Who is Obi-wan Kenobi LEMPBO?

Thought I'd just check back to see if anyone had any answers, and my Bro looked over my shoulder and correctly suggested that LEMPBO is KENOBI typed with one's right hand one key too far to the right. Why it was left in the catalogue we can only (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Questions....

(...) About that, why dosnt the empire use the clone troops in later episodes. just a thought, maybe since the have accelerated growth i would guess that they would die sooner so maybe they all died before ep iv. jd (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible deep deep spoiler.

(...) And I'm going to leave it there too. (...) I kind of agree with you, but in a different way. let me explain. In TPM Mace Windu commented that the sith had been gone for a long time, and we also know that very few Jedi leave the Jedi Order (20 (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Possible deep deep spoiler.

Alright, I just saw Episode II. I'm sure that will be a shock to some people. I plan to make up for it by seeing it again tomorrow night. Anyway, in the course of watching the movie I think I might have figured out The Big One. I mean, the great big (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The word on Lando from SW Celebration II

(...) While I'm certain the minifig in the diorama is meant to represent Mace, it's impossible to read anything into what a future production minifig might look like based on a LEGO company diorama. Everyone was all aflutter about the Stormtroopers (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Questions....

(...) Well, one thing to consider is that the Queen is a planetary ruler, and the Senator is a member of the Galactic government. It seems that in some systems, at least, planetary rulership runs differently, because Bail Organa is still running (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: rainchecks are a yes (target flyer(jango's slave I))

(...) I was able to get a raincheck today. The clerk asked me how many I wanted the raincheck to be, I told her 3 and she said ok. I did have to make sure she put 'Lego Jango Fett Slave 1 set' on it though ;) Mark P. (URL) lugnet.market.shopping (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: The word on Lando from SW Celebration II

(...) The problem is, specifically excluding Black characters also (and perhaps more so) opens them to charges of racial bias. Remember, they have made minifigs that are specifically Asian (Ninja series) and Native American (Western series) and (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  TRU will honor (was Re: target flyer(jango's slave I))

(...) Just went to my local TRu in San Diego and took the Target sale ad. They honor the ad and their was NO lIMIT on the amount I could buy. You must take the ad as they will keep it. Good luck all -Ahui (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: target flyer(jango's slave I)

I'll be checking my Target here in town tonight. When I saw the flier I couldn't believe it. However, if anyone's Target doesn't honor it, or if they are sold out and don't offer rainchecks, I think one could take the add to Shopko or Walmart; don't (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO sales this week (May 19 - 25; U.S. only)

The slave ones are mostly cleaned out in the Cleveland area. Troy "Kenneth Chui" <chui.6@osu.edu> wrote in message news:GwF1Fz.641@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: target flyer(jango's slave I)

(...) No problems at my local target here in Ohio. The sets were tagged at the sale price and scanned at that price without complaint. It may have been a mistake, but I admire Target not fighting the advertised price. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Questions....

(...) All I can say is their system is dumb, dumb, dumb. Queens are elected for terms, and senators are seemingly hand picked, not elected. So yeah, Amidala's two terms expired within the 10 years since EP1. And since then she's been appointed (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: target flyer(jango's slave I)

(...) I got it with no problems at all last night. The sale signs were posted, there were 5 left on the shelf, I grabbed 2 of them and there was no problem. The checkout girl even said that it was a great deal. After she finished ringing me up I (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: target flyer(jango's slave I)

(...) I figured the same about the restocking part as well. guess i'll be stopping by ours tonight so see if they have the set there and will honor the price. (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: target flyer(jango's slave I)

(...) I bought two at my local Target. From Bricks to Bothans (www.fbtb.net) reports that rather than fight it, Target is just honoring the price (though I doubt they'll restock). It was supposed to be the Jango Fett Technic Figure, not the Slave I. (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars Questions....

I'm not a huge Star Wars or sci-fi fan, but I did just see the new movie. I have a few questions that I hoped some of those steeped in SW mythology might help me answer. First, Padme Amadala is a senator now? Why is she still not Queen? Did I miss (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  target flyer(jango's slave I)

Has anyone been able to take advantage of the 24.99 price for jango's slave I without having the flyer in hand? of course the one day someone steals our sunday paper this ends up happening. according to Tim at fbtb it sounds like target is caving on (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  LEGO sales this week (May 19 - 25; U.S. only)

TARGET: LEGO Technic Jango Fett - $24.99 (reg. $34.99) LEGO Bounty Hunter Pursuit - $24.99 (reg. $29.99) LEGO Jango Fett's Slave I - $24.99 (reg. $49.99) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.starwars)

  Silly Picture of the Week #3.

(URL) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Looking to contact Dorian Sherratt

Does anyone have up-to-date contact details for Dorian who posted to these groups a while back? Both email accounts I had are now dead, and the two snail-mail home addresses are getting me no responses... TIA, Just Jono .oO (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Mawhonic Podracer MOC (purple energy binders)

Thanks a lot, Dave. It's a pretty easy design that can be implemented in just about any pod without much effort. I'll work it into my other pods in the next few weeks and make up a conversion page and part list so anyone can use them. -Bruce (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Death Star Gunner Station Playset

Due to the overwhelming response to our latest work, we've exceeded our monthly bandwidth. Sorry for the inconvenience that this might have caused. For those who haven't seen it yet, I've already uploaded all of the pics on our Brickshelf gallery. (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  7190 (Millennium Falcon) instructions goof

I *finally* got around to assembling the 7190 that has been sitting around here for several months. When I got finished, I ended up with a couple of 33 3 x 2 inverse slopes left over. After several passes thru the instructions, I finally found the (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  microfig droid starfighter (Ep.1)

I've been meaning to post this; I finally remembered to do so. :-P "(URL) 1x1 w/ eyehole, grey x1 Round Plate 1x1, grey x4, brown x1 Plate 1x3, brown x2 Please LMKWYT. Thanks, Franklin (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

I'm guessing it's supposed to be a generic representation of one of the automated droid building 'robots'. Odd, since Yoda was never in the droid factory (during the movie). (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

(...) ya. i just got the set after watching the movie (wohoooo). i think that it is supposed to be that pillar that yoda held up but they added that arm part. i hooked that right under the little thrusster on top of dooku's speeder. then you can (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

(...) The Mos Espa Podrace set is on clearance just about everywhere I turn. I picked it up originally at MEIJER for ~$40, but I eventually found a lower price at TRU for under $35. I even managed to find Mint boxes of this set, along with Watto's (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: quality of jango fetts slave one vs.. bubba fetts slave 1

(...) I think it's the other way around. JFS1 in the film is a large ship (which Jango may have used for the transport of illegal goods, in addition to captured individuals). If we compared this to, say, the Republic Gunship (used for the transport (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: quality of jango fetts slave one vs.. bubba fetts slave 1

(...) Agreed. "Shoot him, dad!" Yeah, great role model. (...) The LEGO SW sets run the gamut in terms of scale. I think the 7140 X-Wing is scaled properly, while the Millenium Falcon (7190) or the Sith Infiltrator (7150) are not. My impression is (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: quality of jango fetts slave one vs.. bubba fetts slave 1

(...) I don't expect so-- there's enough in ESB to figure out more than what they actually put into Boba's, not to mention the SLEWs of other information available on the ship that aren't directly in the movie. My guess is this was very much a (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: quality of jango fetts slave one vs.. bubba fetts slave 1

(...) Just my $.02 here... I would guess that the difference in detail between the 7144 Slave 1 and the 7153 Slave 1 is due to the fact that not very much detail was shown in Empire Strikes Back. We only see the 7144 Slave 1 in two or three scenes (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: quality of jango fetts slave one vs.. bubba fetts slave 1

(...) I might be in the minority here but I must disagree. Here are my points: (Note these are MY OPNIONS) 1) Jango Fetts Slave 1 (JFS1)is TOO BIG vs other ships in current Lego Star Wars (LSW) line. Thus the scale is not right. 2) JFS1 is *missing* (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Last chance! This is just my 2 cents, but, if you saw the movies already, you saw the fight with Dooku and Yoda. I think it is something to make Yoda do all the flips and jump around like in the movie. Think (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

(...) I'm pretty sure those are supposed to be some of the battle-droid assembly mechanism ... you know, the large robotic arms that affix heads to droids, etc? Sure, Dooku and Yoda weren't actually in that factory together but hey ... same planet, (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

I actually thought it was a piece of equipment from the previous factory scene where Anakin and Padme were dodging stuff. Granted the figures are different, but that's what it looks most like. Scott (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  quality of jango fetts slave one vs.. bubba fetts slave 1

jango fetts slave 1 is so nice, with all that weaponry and detail, why couldnt lego do that with 7144?? the world will never know bubba fett in the new set is a brat! (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

(...) Maybe it was something in the movie when they planned the sets but it died on the cutting room floor? That would be my guess. Peter (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

(...) Could be a cheap attempt at those falling pillars that yoda had to control in the hanger. --Kai (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

Mark Chittenden" <mdublade@aol.com> wrote in message news:Gw83qt.JII@lugnet.com... (...) Kid". (...) Speaking of all that... after seeing the movie, can anyone tell me what the machine-thing in 7103 is? I saw the movie last night and still can't (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

It may be just me, but Yoda's fight scene had me thinking "Yoda Karate Kid". "Yes, Will Kick, Your Butt, Jedi Crane style. Wax On, Wax Off..." Now, as for Count Dooku. Way cool. Much much better than Darth Maul. (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

<snip> I see John doing even more Star Wars customs...8^) Love your Alpha project... Jason Krish NALUG (...) r (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  new SW alts

Three alternate models for set 7143: a tiny aircraft, a smallish delta wing, and larger fighter. You may notice the identical cockpit on all three (am I the only one who has trouble making the new canopy airtight?). (URL) a muscle-speeder made from (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Death Star Gunner Station Playset

Many thanks for all the compliments that we've received in our email. We're sorry to hear that some Netscape and Mac users seem to have problems browsing our webpages. I'm not sure why our host isn't as reliable when it comes to the Mac users. (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  EPII highlights

*****WARNING---MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***** (but probably not) Jango Fett’s original nom du voyage is revealed to be The Clone Ranger Jar Jar and that Ally McBeal baby finally duke it out once and for all In once scene Yoda forgets himself and starts (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

(...) Thanks for the tip, though a local K-Mart has one for $40 too. I have nothing against the set, in fact I think it'd be pretty cool to buy the Podrace and Watto's Junkyard for a pod line-up, but I have to have priorities :) I'll probably pick (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Wait is now over... Star Wars here I come! (All Rejoice!)

"Jeremy Scott" <Copyright@cox.net> wrote in message news:Gw6Mq6.Ko8@lugnet.com... (...) Yep. I'm at work now, managed to squeeze in 3 hours sleep after seeing it. Tired, very tired. Dan (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact